Lewes AC – Covid-19 and club activities
Throughout the pandemic, Lewes AC has considered the health and safety of its members as paramount. In response we implemented a wide variety of safety measures.
In line with England Athletics’ advice, and recognising some members’ nervousness about a complete removal of all precautions, the Club will maintain some of its Covid-19 measures for the time being.
The Club Committee continues to monitor the situation, and will notify Club members of any new arrangements or changes as they occur.
If you are interested or want to find out more about the club and our activities this web site tells you how. Alternatively why not use the contact us page and we will respond and answer your questions by e-mail. We could also put you in touch with a club member to chat through how the club might be for you whether you are a beginner of more talented. Currently the club has a long waiting list to join the junior academy further information on this can be seen by looking at the Academy page on this site.
Lewes Athletic Club is based at the all-weather track located to the rear of the Lewes Leisure Centre, Mountfield Road, Lewes, BN7 2XG. The club also meets at other venues in and around Lewes which is located in the heart of the South Downs National Park.
The top box on the right hand side of this page gives you a quick link to some of the key pages on our web site that you might be particularly interested in. The second box gives you quick links to some of our recent posts on our web site.
This web site also has a linked and complementary set of web pages called the ‘club wiki.’ These contain a tremendous amount of statistical and other information that is indispensable for the serious (and not so serious) road and cross country runner. The wiki can be accessed by just clicking on the ‘club wiki’ link located at the bottom of the Quick Links box on this page.
In summary the club wiki contains information that covers the following subjects.
- An extensive record of historic and current time for races ranging from one mile up to and including ultra-events. This page includes a list of club members who are listed in the club’s hall of fame.
- Signing up tables for those intending to compete at various league and other events and identifying lift sharing opportunities.
- Individual and club results extracted from the many leagues and activities undertaken by club members
- Results from a range of individual one off events in which the club participates such as the South Downs Relay, Masters Mantell Challenge and others.
- Details of the club training sessions for adult members on Thursdays, Saturdays and at other times.
- General information of interest for the committed and enthusiastic runner