Summer Camp 2019
Registration now open for the Summer Camp 2019 – to sign up click ‘summer Camp’ in the quick links box.
Adult beginners group (over 16) 5k programme
Welcome to the Run Lewes page.
We run courses for people who want to get running, but unsure where to start, and who don’t want to run on their own. The aim of the course is to get you running for around 30 minutes continuously and ultimately run a 5k. – and to have some fun while you’re doing it.
We are UK Athletics qualified Coaches & Leaders with Lewes Athletics Club based at the Lewes Leisure Centre. We run regularly all year round and take part in various events and races around the County.
We have created a beginners course as we know that starting out is a bit daunting and the most difficult step is getting out of the door! So our aim is to get you running in an enjoyable and informal environment with like minded people – using the great outdoors as a backdrop to our sessions.
Each course runs for 10 weeks. We meet each Saturday morning and sessions run for around 1 hour. All sessions are outdoors in various venues around Lewes town and we always meet where there is free parking available.
Here is what some of our recent group have said about us:
- I have enjoyed the course V much and will definitely recommend it to friends. The instructors are extremely friendly and encouraging
- This is the best exercise course that I have done. The leaders were very encouraging and non-judgmental. I have wanted to come to the group each and didn’t believe I would be able to run as far as I have. My fitness has really improved
- All the coaches are such lovely people and very knowledgeable. I have really enjoyed this course and it is excellent value
- This course came at the perfect time for me and has seriously changed my life for the better. Thank you so much for the help, support and friendliness. Can’t wait to join!
- The coaches are so supportive & knowledgeable
- I really enjoyed the course and am sad that it is ending
Autumn – starts in early September
Spring – starts in February
Autumn starts in early September
Our courses run on Saturday mornings at 9.30 for around 1 hour. The cost is £35.00 for the full 10 sessions payable at the first session. See our information page on the England Athletics RunTogether site.
Please contact us if you would like to be added to the priority list – or feel free to call for a chat. Contact details below.
If you are looking for under 16 Junior places, please see the Junior Academy Page
Bev – 07973 734705