If you object to any photographs of you or your child appearing on this website please contact us by going to contacts page of this site and they will be removed immediately.
Adult Beginners Group (over 16
Welcome to the Run Lewes page.
We run courses for complete running beginners who want to get running, but unsure where to start, and don't want to run on your own. The aim of the course is to get you running for 30 minutes continuously - and to have fun while you're doing it.
We are UK Athletics qualified Coaches & Leaders with Lewes Athletics Club based at the Lewes Leisure Centre. We run regularly all year round and take part in various events and races around the County.
We have created a beginners course as we know that starting out is a bit daunting and the most difficult step is getting out of the door! So our aim is to get you running in an enjoyable and informal environment with like minded people - using the great outdoors as a backdrop to our sessions.
Each course runs for 10 weeks. We meet each Saturday morning and sessions run for around 1 hour. All sessions are outdoors in various venues around Lewes town and we always meet where there is free parking available.
Here is what some of our recent group have said about us;
• I have enjoyed the course V much and will definitely recommend it to friends. The instructors are extremely friendly and encouraging.
• This is the best exercise course that I have done. The leaders were very encouraging and non-judgmental. I have wanted to come to the group each and
didn’t believe I would be able to run as far as I have. My fitness has really improved.
• All the coaches are such lovely people and very knowledgeable. I have really enjoyed this course and it is excellent value.
• This course came at the perfect time for me and has seriously changed my life for the better. Thank you so much for the help, support and friendliness.
Can’t wait to join!
• The coaches are so supportive & knowledgeable.
• I really enjoyed the course and am sad that it is ending.
Autumn - starts Saturday 9th September and runs to mid November
Spring - starts in March
Our courses run on Saturday mornings at 9.30 for around 1 hour. See our information page on the England Athletics RunTogether site; RunTogether
Please contact us if you would like to be added to the list - or feel free to call for a chat. Contact details below.